Jonesboro, GA Personal Injury Attorneys Representing the Victims of Auto Accidents
According to the Georgia Department of Transportation, “more than 10,000 motorists are injured”:http://www.dot.state.ga.us/statistics/Documents/casi/injuries.pdf on the state and local roadways every month. Clayton County alone experiences over 4,000 crash-related injuries in any given month. If you drive a car, truck, or motorcycle in the State of Georgia, it’s statistically likely that you will be involved in a crash. Furthermore, there is also a probability that you or someone you know will be involved in a crash involving injuries or even a wrongful death. Peter Bricks, PC assists individuals who are seeking damages when they’ve been injured in a motor vehicle collision with another car or truck.
Representing the Victims of Motor Vehicle Crashes in Jonesboro and Clayton County
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car accident, or a family member was killed in a crash, it’s important to retain the service of an experienced Georgia personal injury attorney to protect your legal rights. Insurance companies and the lawyers who represent them are usually quick to offer a settlement to car crash victims. These settlements are contingent upon the person injured or their surviving family members (in the case of a wrongful death) signing an agreement not to seek further damages. In most instances, this is a great deal for the insurer in that they can limit the money that they will have to pay out. However, the amounts they offer may not cover the expenses associated with the accident when things like medical expenses, physical therapy, lost wages, property damage, limited physical capacity, pain, and suffering are all factored in. Before accepting any money from an automobile insurer, you should contact an experienced personal injury attorney—like the ones you will find at the Jonesboro firm of the Bricks Law Group.
Aggressive Legal Representation for Personal Injury Victims in Clayton County
The following tips may be useful if you are involved in a car, truck, or motorcycle crash:
- Seek immediate medical attention if it’s required. If you develop crash-related pain or symptoms after you leave the scene, go to the doctor or an emergency room.
- Summon police to the scene of the crash. A police investigation and the resulting crash report are invaluable in determining the at-fault parties.
- Do not sign any waivers. Sometimes insurance companies will send adjusters or attorneys to the scene of a crash—particularly when the at-fault vehicle is a commercial truck.
- Do not make any statements admitting fault. Crash investigations are complex and fault is not always clear. Even if you feel partially responsible, you are entitled to legal representation before making any statement to an insurer.
- Contact an attorney who deals with personal injury cases in Georgia.
Protect your legal rights. Schedule an appointment with a Bricks Law personal injury attorney in our Jonesboro, Georgia office, contact us at (678) 825-3938.